I utterly failed at blogging last year, that is a fact. However, with the new year only 15 days young, and with the Golden Globes over and the Academy Awards fast approaching, I've decided to give it the old college try...again. It is my attempt to watch what's been nominated regarding the major categories: Best Picture, Director, Actor, Actress, Supporting Actor, Actress and Screenplay. I'll post my reviews as I see the films, wait, already I'm lying to you as I've seen three Best Picture nominees and I've only got one review done. So, I'll post as I write the reviews. Upon (hopeful) completion I'll then be able to really, wholeheartedly, predict who will win, and then who I think should win.
As always, a disclaimer is needed. I'm not saying I'm the next Roger Ebert (contrary to a snarky comment I heard the other day), I'm simply writing my opinion from a film lover's perspective. If I write something you don't like or agree with, please tell me. Oftentimes if I don't like a film I wrack my brain trying to see if it's something I've missed - so who knows, you may be able to change my mind and then I'll have to write an addendum.
This is very much the case for my first review which I'm almost hesitant to post as my dislike was strong for such a critically acclaimed film. However, like the fearless Ebert, I must be true to my opinions.
Happy New Year and Happy Reading!

No comments:
Post a Comment