Sunday, February 24, 2013

So I'm very behind



I have seen the majority of the movies but have fallen behind on my reviews, mainly because I was planning my Oscar party this week!

Anyways, here are my picks:

Best Picture:  Argo - handsdown, one of the best films of the year, and that I've ever seen.
Best Director:  Ang Lee - since Ben Affleck wasn't nominated.  Life of Pi is the most beautiful film ever.  It's actually stunning and I loved it.  It is a wonder in film making and a joy that everyone should watch
Best Actor:  I think Daniel Day-Lewis will take it, but I'm putting my pick as Hugh Jackman, the hardest working man in Hollywood.
Best Supporting Actor:  Christoph Waltz - let's make it two!
Best Actress: Jennifer Lawrence - I really hope she takes it over Jessica Chastain, read my blog about Zero Dark Thirty to see why.  Lawrence is an exceptional actress who makes such interesting choices and appeals to all audience.
Best Supporting Actress: I'm picking Amy Adams just purely out of my dislike of Anne Hathaway - she will probably take it but c'est la vie.  I think Amy Adams gives incredibly strong performances no matter what she does and if Hugh is Hollywood's hardest working man, then Amy Adams is the hardest working woman.

Enjoy the show folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment